THINGS TO DO IN DENMARK
While you are staying in Denmark, there are some terrific activities to do, and stunning places to visit. We have listed some of our favourites here to help you get the most out of your stay. If there is something you have in mind, that you don't see here, just ask us, and we can point you in the right direction! We also list all the great events and festivals that are coming up, so you can book ahead of time!
The farm is in easy driving distance of the following day trip attractions:
- Greens Pool - 15 minutes.
- Mount Lindesay - 20 minutes.
- Harewood Forest nature walk - 5 minutes.
- Alpaca Tourist Farm -10 minutes.
- Denmark Town - 15 minutes.
- Denmark cheese factory - 5 minutes.
- Historic Albany - 45 minutes.
- Edengate Blueberry farm, hand pick blueberries, and enjoy fresh blueberry muffins or blueberry icecream - 25 minutes.
- Whale watching with Albany Sailaway Cruises - 45 minutes.
- The Denmark Thrills Park - 10 minutes
- The exciting Tree Top Walk in Walpole - 35 minutes.
- Vineyards with cafes - 5-10 minutes.
- William Bay National Park, Denmark - contains spectacular beaches and walk trails - 35 minutes.
- The best beach and estuary fishing along the south coast.
- The many vineyards of the south coast.
OUR TOP 5 BEACHES
- Greens Pool - in the William Bay National Park,
perfect for swimming.
- Elephant Rocks - also in William Bay park, close to Greens pool.
- Waterfall Beach - a few kilometres east from Greens Pool also in William Bay Park
- Parry Beach also in William Bay Park - spectacular views, great for fishing and boating.
MORE GREAT IDEAS
From Alpaca farms and vineyards to craft shops and the magnificent forests, you'll find them all within easy driving distance of Misty Valley Country Cottages. Here are just a few of our favourite places with their links to discover.
- Willoughby Park Wines and Boston Brewery
- Kirby's at Rickety Gate restaraunt
- Oranje Tractor Wines -Winery and cafe
- Ducketts Mills Wines.
- Pentland Alpaca Farm
- Jassi Leatherworks
- Bartholomews Meadery
- Matildas Estate Winery and Restaurant
- Harewood Estate Wines
- Tinglewood Wines
- Somersethill Wines
- Treetop walk
- What's happening in Albany.
- The Walpole Weekly
- Singlefile Wines
RELAX AND UNWIND
If you don't feel like driving, take a leisurely stroll around the farm or amongst the trees, or for the more energetic the adjoining state forest is a wonderful place to appreciate the beauty and tranquility of nature... the tall and majestic Karri trees, the local wildlife, and splendid wildflowers.
And if all this sounds too exciting why not just sit and read in front of your own wood fire or sit out on your private balcony and enjoy the view over the rolling green hills with grazing animals and magnificent birdlife!
The south coast is renowned for its natural beauty, and Denmark is centrally located to enjoy it all, with the forests, rivers and beaches providing some of the best scenery in WA. The two main National Parks are William Bay National Park, which features the treetop walk, and the Cape Howe National Park.
OUR TOP 5 RESTAURANTS
While enjoying your holiday at Misty Valley Country Cottages you may decide to indulge in one of the several restaurants and food outlets around Denmark. Here is our pick of the 5 best local restaurants, with just a hint of what they offer.
For breakfast and or lunch Mrs Jones Cafe is always a good choice. Locatedlocated right in Denmark its only a few minutes away down Scotsdale road. The eggs benedict for breakfast is a big favourite, and definitely worth having at least once!
For a great family friendly venue for lunch or dinner, open seven days try the great tastes on tap at the Boston Brewery and Willoughby Park Wines,
Located just a couple of kilometres east of Denmark, the menu has a good range of meals including wood fired pizzas, hot chips and flavoursome steaks. Families are well catered for, with a children’s playground to keep the little ones busy. Don’t forget to try their homemade ginger beer, its really delicious and always very popular. Its open 7 days a week.
If a special romantic meal is more your style, then we suggest trying Castelli Estate Wines, located roughly three kilometres up Mount Chadforth road, and open seven days a week. One of our favourite meals at this restaurant is the Massman duck curry.. it's well worth trying. During the winter months from May to September the two course lunch special is extremely good value and definitely worth a visit.
If pub grub is more your style then try the Denmark Tavern is perfect, a great welcoming family friendly venue with a roaring wood fire in the dining area. It is also open seven days and located roughly 2km west of Denmark on the South Coast Highway.
For something a little spicy, but still great value you can’t go past the Curry King Restaurant open Tuesday to Sunday night. Located right in the centre of Denmark it has a wide range of delicious curries. The spicy lamb cutlets and vegetable samosas are absolutely exceptional, and the Madras fish curry and the tasty cashmiri rice are superb. The restaraunt offers BYO, if you want to bring some of your local wines or beers along!